Tuesday, August 25, 2015

No mountain high enough

Sheikha Bodour Al Qasimi, Chairperson of Sharjah Investment and Development Authority (Shurooq), said that she is “truly humbled and grateful for this amazing opportunity to climb my second big mountain this year. Mount Elbrus, ranked 10th highest in the world, standing at 5,642m (18,510 ft) in the Caucasus Mountains of Russia, is the highest peak in Europe and one of the seven summits of the world.

“As Sir Edmund Hillary once said: ‘It’s not the mountain we conquer, but ourselves’. For me, the journey was about discovering my vulnerable side and allowing myself to feel helpless and surrender to that which is greater than me.

Al Qasimi continued, “I’m honoUred to have shared this experience with my husband, Sultan, who was a true champ on the mountain, and my awesome group of friends. I know you battled your own demons on the mountain and came out victorious on the other side.

To my mentor and inspiration, Suzanne Al Houby, the first Arab woman to climb Everest, you are a beacon of hope to many people. By believing in me you gave me permission to dream big.
Thank you for that priceless gift! And finally, to the beautiful people of the Balkan region in Russia. You have no idea that you sit at the foothills of the universe. Truly one of the world’s best kept secrets.” –End-


No comments:

Post a Comment